The deadline to apply is December 1, 2020.
The following application instructions are for:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting for Stage, Screen and New Media
All first-year and transfer candidates for undergraduate admission must complete the following:
Submit The Common Application
You may apply to the USC School of Dramatic Arts using the Common Application, which includes some USC-specific questions. In addition to the online application, you will be asked to submit supplemental materials. For specific information about the items you will need to submit, please visit USC Admission’s First-Year Application Checklist.
Note: Applicants who wish to be considered for the BFA in Acting for Stage, Screen and New Media must list it as their first-choice major on the Common Application. Given the limited number of spots for this program, we encourage you to add the BA in Theatre as your second-choice major. If you have listed the BFA and BA as your major choice options, you only need to submit the BFA Supplemental Application in SlideRoom.
Submit a SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission into the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom. The supplemental application in SlideRoom will go live on September 1.
- Current picture or headshot
- Resume: Your resume should include any and all performance activities (including drama, dance and vocal performance). If you would like, you may also add any other non-performance work or volunteer experience.
- “Take Three”: Details are available in SlideRoom.
- Letter of recommendation from drama teacher/coach
- Essay Questions: Your responses should address the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Upload Audition: In SlideRoom, you will be asked to upload two filmed audition monologues.
- Creative Submission: Please upload a one- to two-minute video sharing your creative talent. Details available in SlideRoom.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $20
In response to COVID-19, there will be no in person auditions offered for fall 2021 consideration. All applicants to the BFA in Acting for Stage, Screen and New Media will need to upload their two filmed audition monologues to their supplemental application in SlideRoom.
Please prepare two monologues that are contrasting in nature. One monologue should be a classical piece (pre-1910) and the other should be a contemporary piece (post-1910). Each monologue should be no longer than two minutes in length. Do not use accents, dialects, or stylized characters.