The BA priority deadline to apply is December 1, 2021.
The final BA deadline for first year applicants is January 15, 2022.
The final BA deadline for transfer applicants is February 15, 2022.
The following application instructions are for Bachelor of Arts in Theatre. All first-year and transfer candidates for undergraduate admission must complete the following steps:
Submit the Common Application
You may apply to the USC School of Dramatic Arts using the Common Application, which includes some USC-specific questions. In addition to the online application, you will be asked to submit additional materials, including the USC Supplemental Application. For specific information about the items you will need to submit, please visit USC Admission’s First-Year Application Checklist.
Please be sure to list the “BA Theatre” as your first choice major.
Submit a SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are also required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom. The supplemental application in SlideRoom will go live early September.
- Current picture or headshot
- Resume: Your resume should include any and all performance activities (including drama, dance and vocal performance). If you would like, you may also add any other non-performance work or volunteer experience.
- “Take Three”: Provide three images that will give us some insight into who you are and what is important to you. Each image will need a corresponding caption to provide some context.
- Letter of recommendation from drama teacher/coach
- Essay Questions: Your responses should address the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Self-Intro Video: Please upload a one- to two-minute video where you share with us who you are. We kindly ask that you not submit any monologues, cover songs or dancing.
- Non-refundable fee of $30