PLEASE JOIN US – HELP OUR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI PLAY ON!
Thank you for considering a donation to the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Each year the School of Dramatic Arts relies on the support of alumni, parents, institutions and friends to offer our students the most innovative and progressive training to hone their craft and build the cutting-edge skills to successfully navigate the ever-evolving field.
With Dean Bridel entering his fourth year as Dean, donors of all levels are helping the School to realize a plethora of new programming while bolstering our core institutional strength. Your support can directly impact some of these critical areas of need:
- Dean’s Strategic Initiatives – provides crucial unrestricted support for the areas of most need each year, with a focus on the innovative new programming under Dean Bridel’s leadership.
- Scholarships – offers vital support funds to help ensure we remain competitive in attracting and securing the most talented students regardless of any economic barriers. These funds also help us attract the most diverse students from across the globe, including our special Alexandra Billing Scholarship, specifically created to bring more students from the LGBT community to SDA.
- Professional Development – provides opportunities for our students and alumni to build their professional network and gain the perspective necessary to succeed in the field. Activities include: Spotlight@SDA which brings visiting artists for Q&A/workshops. Digital Media Summit introduces the latest in technology platforms for performing and promoting student talent. Career series events bring alumni and industry leaders to discuss all facets of the field. Our groundbreaking new Career Center offers management services for graduating seniors, helping them to secure work, representation and mentorship.
- Faculty – provides the funds to attract transformational hires and retain our accomplished and dedicated faculty who are Emmy, Tony, and Ovation Award-winning artists across all dramatic arts mediums.
- Productions – supports one of the most ambitious seasons of plays (20+) of any program across the globe. A hallmark of SDA, these shows serve as a vital laboratory to challenge students, giving them a chance to work with a variety of artistic leaders from the field.
- Social Change – uses the power of theatre to spur dialogue, interrogate cultural narratives, and improves health. Our programming ranges from theatre workshops with the homeless to restorative justice projects to comedy in hospitals, all founded on the belief that theatre can create transformational change.
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Our progress thus far is because of your commitment to the School, faculty, and most importantly our students. This continued dedication of our alumni, parents, and friends will be vital in setting the stage for our ongoing success. Your gift of ANY size makes a lasting impact and is crucial for making the USC School of Dramatic Arts an extraordinary place to learn and thrive in the 21st century. We invite you to join us in this next exciting phase in our history by clicking on any of the one-sheets here. We offer numerous events and engagement opportunities for SDA supporters at all levels and look forward to your participation as we enhance the SDA student experience and help them realize their dreams.