The deadline to apply is December 1, 2020.
The following application instructions are for:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sound Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Stage Management
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Technical Direction
All first-year and transfer candidates for undergraduate admission must complete the following:
Submit The Common Application
You may apply to the USC School of Dramatic Arts using the Common Application, which includes some USC-specific questions. In addition to the online application, you will be asked to submit supplemental materials. For specific information about the items you will need to submit, please visit USC Admission’s First-Year Application Checklist.
Submit a SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission into the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom. The supplemental application in SlideRoom will go live on September 1.
- Current picture or headshot
- Resume: Your resume should include any and all production activities (including drama, dance and vocal performance). If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- “Take Three”: Details are available in SlideRoom.
- Letter of recommendation from drama teacher/coach
- Essay Question: Your responses should address the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $20
In mid-December, our office will send you information on how to schedule a portfolio review. Our portfolio review consists of an interview with our production faculty. As part of this process, you are expected to prepare 10-15 slides of work that best represents your skill in the discipline you wish to pursue. You should limit the number of materials so that you can clearly articulate your creative process to the faculty.
Portfolio reviews will take place in the month of January or February on Zoom.