The deadline to apply is December 1, 2018.
The following application instructions are for:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sound Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Stage Management
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Technical Direction
All freshman and transfer candidates for undergraduate admission must complete the following:
Submit The Common Application
You may apply to the School of Dramatic Arts using the Common Application, which includes some USC-specific questions. In addition to the online application, you will be asked to submit additional materials. For specific information about the items you will need submit, please visit USC Admission’s First-Year Application Checklist.
Submit a SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom.
- Current picture or headshot
- Drama resume: Your resume should include any and all production activities. If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- “Take Three”: Details are available in SlideRoom.
- Letter from drama teacher/coach
- Essay Question: Your statement should respond to the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $50
In mid-December, our office will send you information on how to schedule a portfolio review. as it’s own first paragraph. Our Portfolio Review consists of an interview with our production faculty. As part of this process, students are expected to prepare 10-15 slides of work that best represents your skill in the discipline you wish to pursue. You should limit the number of materials so that you can clearly articulate their creative process to the faculty.
Portfolio reviews will take place in the month of January or February.