2018 Program Dates: Monday, July 9 – Friday, August 3, 2018
Application deadline: February 28, 2018
Submit an SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission to the USC School of Dramatic Arts’ Summer Institute for International Actors. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom.
- Current picture or headshot
- Introductory Statement: Your statement should address the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Submit Confidential Financial Statement/Verification of Funds
- All applications must include a financial statement that certifies sufficient funds are available to meet both your living (housing, meals, etc.) and program expenses while at USC (unless you are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted political asylum). Your financial statement must show a minimum of US $9,000
- Your financial statement can be provided in any of these forms if you are:
- Self-sponsored: a current personal bank statement or letter from your bank
- Sponsored by an individual: a current letter of support AND bank statement from your parent, guardian, employer or sponsor
- Sponsored by a school or organization: a scholarship letter from your government or letter confirming sponsorship by your school, employer or sponsoring organization
- Submit copy of passport photo page
- Submit a TOEFL or IELTS score
- Provide home country address
- Skype ID for admissions interview
- Application fee $30 (non-refundable)
The USC School of Dramatic Arts will supply I-20 forms for students who are citizens of countries other than the United States. The I-20 form is the United States Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status for Academic and Language Students, which is needed to apply for the F-1 student visa. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents MUST obtain an F-1 visa in order to attend the Summer Institute for International Artists at the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Students may NOT attend on a B1/B2 visitor/tourist visa.
Our Review Process
We carefully review all applications in order to build an outstanding class. We strive to complete this process in a timely manner.