The deadline to apply is December 1, 2017.
The following application instructions are for:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sound Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Stage Management
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Technical Direction
All freshman and transfer candidates for undergraduate admission must complete the following:
Submit The Common Application
You may apply to the School of Dramatic Arts using the Common Application, which will include some USC-specific questions. In addition to the online application, you will be asked to submit additional materials. For specific information about the items you will need submit, please visit USC Admission’s First-Year Application Checklist.
Submit a SDA SlideRoom Application
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts. Please be sure to upload all materials via SlideRoom.
- Current picture or headshot
- Drama resume: Your resume should include any and all production activities. If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- Essay Question: Your statement should respond to the prompts outlined in SlideRoom.
- Schedule Portfolio Review: In SlideRoom you will be asked to identify your portfolio review date and location as outlined through our tour schedule. Reviews are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. In mid-December, our office will send you a confirmation email with your official appointment, schedule, and details. Applicants who are unable to attend an in-person review may request to be contacted remotely via SlideRoom.
- Non-refundable audition fee of $50
Attend Portfolio Review
Our Portfolio Review consists of an interview with our production faculty. As part of this process, students are expected to prepare 10-15 slides of work that best represents your skill in the discipline you wish to pursue. Students should limit the number of materials so that s/he can clearly articulate their creative process to the faculty.
Portfolio reviews will take place in the month of January or February.