Skip to content
- When is Open House?
Open House is on Saturday, April 7, 2018, on the USC campus.
- What are the hours of your Open House?
Open House takes place from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please check the Open House agenda for more details.
- How much does it cost to attend Open House?
The SDA Open House is free! Families will be responsible for all travel and boarding arrangements. Registered guests are entitled to up to three complimentary meal and show tickets. Additional tickets may be purchased at $10.00/person per event.
- Can parents attend Open House?
Yes, parents are welcome to attend. There will even be some workshops offered exclusively for parents.
- How do I RSVP for Open House?
Please visit the Open House main page or call 213-740-1286 to RSVP for this year’s Open House.
- When is the last day to RSVP for your Open House?
Our RSVP deadline is April 4, 2018.
- If I am not able to attend your Open House, is there anything I can do?
We understand that coming to campus might not be convenient for everyone, but we don’t want to let that stop you from joining in on the fun. This year, we will be live streaming our student panel at 12:00PM (PST) on our Instagram account, @USCSDAprospect. In addition, there are many other activities for you to join us throughout April.
- I received an invitation to your Open House. Does that mean I have been admitted into the school?
An invitation to the USC School of Dramatic Arts Open House does not constitute admission into the university or the School of Dramatic Arts.
- When will admission decisions be sent out?
All admissions decisions will be sent out through our central admission’s office by April 1.
- What will be covered at your Open House?
The SDA Open House will offer a series of faculty-led workshops, where students will be able to get a snapshot of what a typical class is like at USC. Workshops are designed to engage both acting and production students. There will also be a workshop exclusively for parents that will cover topics such as financial aid, housing, etc.
- Is parking available?
Guests will be responsible for securing their own parking. To facilitate this process, SDA has secured a discounted on-campus rate of $10.00. Please enter the campus through the Downey Way Entrance at the intersection of South Vermont Avenue and 36th Place and inform the gate attendant you are here for the “School of Dramatic Arts’ Open House.” Please proceed to park in the Downey Way Parking Structure.
- If we’re coming out for the weekend, do you have any recommendations of where to stay?
The Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Midtown (213- 748-4141) is conveniently located across the street from the USC campus. USC is also located about 10-15 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, where several large chain hotels including the Ritz-Carlton and the JW Marriott are readily available.
- I’d like to explore Los Angeles, while I’m visiting your campus for Open House.
A trip to Los Angeles would not be complete without visiting some of our famous landmarks like Hollywood Boulevard or the Griffith Observatory. Please visit Discover Los Angeles to learn more about what the city has to offer.
- Is there an opportunity to visit the residence halls during Open House?
Since our housing facilities are used year-round, tours of living areas are not possible. Buildings, however, will be pointed out during campus tours. For detailed information including pictures, descriptions and floor plans, please visit USC Housing.
- I have a family member who requires special accommodations, am I still able to attend your Open House?
Of course. When you fill out your RSVP form, include any special arrangements that are needed (i.e. wheelchair access, etc.)
- Do you provide a vegetarian or gluten free option during lunch?
Yes, a vegetarian and gluten free option will be available at lunch. You may request a vegetarian or gluten free meal option when you RSVP online.
- Is there transportation available for guests to and from the airport?
Unfortunately, we are not able to arrange transportation to and from the airport for our guests. However, there are many services like SuperShuttle, Uber or Lyft that are familiar with the USC campus.